April 22 marks the annual celebration of Earth Day. The theme of this year is ‘Restore Our Earth,’ which encourages people to reflect on the way green technologies and innovative thinking can help mitigate the impacts of climate change. It’s the perfect opportunity for businesses worldwide to take a step back and look at how their operation might be affecting the environment. At Laundrylux, we continually strive to develop and grow sustainable solutions for our customers. Our long-standing partnership with Electrolux Professional, a Global Sustainability Leader, reinforces our commitment to finding new ways to lower the carbon footprint of the laundry industry and to preserve the health of our planet for future generations.
You might be wondering, “how can a laundromat business have any impact on reducing climate change?” It turns out that there are lots a laundry business owner can do to minimize the effects of global warming, and if every laundromat in America made the switch to high-spin laundry equipment, we’d all be a lot better off. Laundrylux is committed to developing solutions that simultaneously reduce your carbon footprint and the cost of doing business, therefore maximizing profits. Luckily, what’s good for the planet is also good for your pocketbook!
- The 450G High Spin and Power Balance features of our washers work to maximize water extraction, minimizing time in the dryer and significantly lowering energy consumption.
- EcoPower saves up to 15% in gas and electricity by determining when clothes are dry and reducing the drying temperature.
- The Automatic Savings feature of our washers reduces water consumption by up to 50% by measuring the precise amount of water needed according to the weight of the load.
Proper Garment Care
High-efficiency equipment isn’t the only way the laundry industry can have a positive impact. It turns out that proper garment care could play a significant role in mitigating the negative environmental effects of the fashion industry. A recent study found that it’s estimated that the average garment is worn only ten times before going to landfill, mainly because of damage caused by frequent incorrect washing. Electrolux “wants to play its part by helping to make clothes last twice as long, with half the environmental impact. By extending the active life of clothes by just nine months, it would reduce carbon, water and waste footprints by about 30% per garment.” So how can our industry-leading commercial laundry equipment help solve the problem?
- Compass Pro technology allows customers to customize their wash according to their garment’s needs, significantly extending the life of their clothes.
- High Extraction washers and reduced drying times work to protect clothes, as garments are most likely to become damaged in high temperatures of the drying process.
- Reverse Drum technology in our dryers reduces tangling and wear and tear.
Large Capacity Washers & Dryers
Equipping your laundromat with large capacity washers and dryers encourages customers to bigger loads of laundry — helping the planet and saving them time and money. By choosing to do fewer full loads over many smaller loads, we can save on utilities and reduce the damage caused to clothes by over-washing, too.
SALE! Lucky for you, we have a limited-time offer on large capacity laundry equipment, starting at $219/month.
Want to learn more about how to make your laundry business more eco-friendly? Are you interested in opening a profitable, sustainable laundromat? Contact our laundry experts today!
With payments as low as $219/month and 90-days deferred payment, see how our washers and dryers can protect you and your customers.Discover our virus-killing laundry equipment deals!