Laundrylux is North America’s leader in commercial laundry with a legacy of providing state-of-the-art laundry equipment and business solutions to laundromat owners, laundry distributors, and new investors across the United States and Canada. We are a forward-thinking company that is revolutionizing our industry, and we want you to be a part of the change.
Our Vice President of Engineering role
As VP of Engineering, you will head an ambitious and engaged department intent on innovation and excellence. You will play an integral role in the development of new products from inception through product development, commercialization, and support as well as overseeing and ensuring the efficient running of our engineering department. Serving as Laundrylux’s chief technical adviser, you will work closely with the executive team and department leaders to shape the future of the commercial laundry industry.
You will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and President.
As Vice President of Engineering, your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Managing new product development from concept through launch: contributing your technical expertise to the design of electrical, mechanical, and networking systems; maintaining schedules and budgets; field-testing of new and modified product designs; creation and publication of product manuals
- Running the Laundrylux Product Council to cultivate and develop new ideas, as well as reporting to executive management on the status of development projects
- Cultivating and nurturing a healthy and productive working environment that promotes creativity and allows your team to thrive with effective team alignment and clearly defined objectives
- Overseeing all aspects of quality assurance, including managing factory audits, reviewing warranty claims, liaising with manufacturing partners and suppliers
- Managing day-to-day activities of the engineering department: managing the annual budget; managing staffing; ensuring the efficient conduct of business and flow of information between engineering and other departments
- Ensuring that Laundrylux’s intellectual property is protected
- Supporting the development of online training resources, technical documents, and product information bulletins.
Our ideal candidate has…
- A passion for and experience of leadership with an ability to achieve targets while maintaining a supportive working environment focused on creativity and growth
- Excellent engineering acumen in electrical, mechanical, and network systems
- Strong financial, project management, and organizational skills
- Passion and tenacity for solving problems through creativity and collaboration with excellent analytic skills and a very strong ability to think strategically
- High-level communication and collaboration skills with an ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences, including executive and department leaders.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering. MBA is desirable.
- A Professional Engineer license is desirable.
What does a career at Laundrylux mean for you?
- A competitive salary
- 401K and FSA employment benefits
- Health insurance benefits for medical, dental, and vision
- Life insurance benefits
- The opportunity to work alongside a passionate, dedicated team of laundry experts driving change in the commercial laundry industry
- Excellent company culture and positive work environment, with on-site relaxation sessions, “meet and learn” events, workplace celebrations, and more!
- Conveniently located head office in the family-friendly city of Inwood — an easy commute for Long Islanders and only 7 miles away from JFK airport.