Our Senior Engineer role
Contribute engineering expertise to the development and support of products and services offered for sale by the company.
This position reports to the VP of Engineering.
As our Senior Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Product Development
- Support in developing specifications for new products and product features and ensures all the development activities are completed on time at cost and quality targets to support the product plans.
- Responsible for resolving the cross-functional trade-offs and issues within the project/product plan guardrails.
- Manage the product-development process, both internally, and with manufacturing partners, from concept through launch, including:
- Maintain schedules and budgets for development projects.
- Contribute expertise to design and development of electrical, mechanical, and networking systems, for all product lines.
- Manage creation and publication of product manuals.
- Manage field-testing of new and modified product designs.
- Quality Assurance
- Review and act upon monthly warranty-claim reports.
- Communicate with development and manufacturing partners to identify root causes and corrective actions for systemic defects.
- Manage communications with suppliers and manufacturers. Including travel to suppliers and manufacturers, as needed, to ensure quality standards of Laundrylux are met.
- Schedule and manage factory audits.
- Review factory audit reports for issues. Identify corrective measures and follow through on their implementation.
- Maintain familiarity with software, systems, curriculum, and online resources developed by suppliers and develop a plan to adapt same to the Company’s and its customer’s needs.
- Maintain familiarity with ERP functions and recommend continuous process improvements through augmented use of ERP functionality as it evolves over time.
- Contribute to the efforts of the Technical Care and Customer Care teams, by providing training materials for employee product-knowledge training at all levels.
- Maintain expert technical knowledge of competitive products and market conditions to assist in the production of literature, web content, and related materials that provide strong and coherent sales arguments in favor of the Company’s own products and services.
- Supervise evaluation of competitive products to support the production of empirical sales and marketing materials, calculators, and the like.
- Assist in the development of curriculum for Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 technical training of coin laundry owners, servicemen, and advanced distributor staff. Support the development of online resources for training and skills assessment.
Our ideal candidate has…
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in electrical engineering.
- 5-7 years project Engineering & Technical Design Experience
- Proven New Product development and execution experience
- System Integration capabilities, Critical Systems Thinker
- Knowledge in given Product Platform
- System design and system Integration
- Requirements Management
- Strong EE background
- Ability to work cross-functionally and influence others