Our Procurement Specialist role
The Procurement Specialist will be responsible for tracking and maintaining the purchasing process efficiently through timely processing of purchase orders, reviewing and processing internal requisitions for goods, corresponding with vendors, and providing reports on key procurement metrics.
This position reports to the Purchasing & Logistics Senior Manager.
As our Procurement Specialist, your responsibilities will include:
- Evaluate the quality of each vendor relationship based on reliability, quality, and price and actively work to improve relationships with suppliers and all companies within our organization.
- Consistently forecast inventory needs and run buying tools to manage replenishment and anticipate quarterly accurately and holiday purchasing needs.
- Actively manage slow-moving, excess, obsolete, or substitution stock utilizing established business processes and systems.
- Manage inventory to increase inventory turnover and maintain appropriate levels.
- Analyze inventory needs through reports, forecasting, and awareness of product development and determine quantity and timing of deliveries.
- Setting up requests for quote processes to find the best price and vendor.
- Place Purchase Orders with multiple vendors, determining the cost of deliveries and the best methods of transportation.
- Support the accounting/finance team in the invoicing process and work closely with the team to communicate any invoice/credit discrepancies, outstanding purchase orders, and amounts due with terms, accrued purchases report, item cost adjustments, freight charges, credits, etc.
- Propose and implement changes to existing procurement strategies to streamline and improve overall performance while maintaining cost controls and creating cost-effective use of resources.
- Overseeing the importing process of products from Asia and Europe and help develop and implement global transportation cost-savings programs for year-over-year savings.
- Collaborates with in-house and 3PL warehouses and logistic partners to manage incoming shipments.
- Provide reporting and analytics as required by management.
- Maintains accuracy of data within enterprise resource planning system.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Our ideal candidate has…
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in relevant field.
- 3-5 years in Purchasing or Supply Chain related experience.
- Strong organizational development, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Ability to manage multiple data sets.
- Ability to navigate an Enterprise Resource Planning system.
- Knowledge and ongoing awareness of Supply Chain and Inventory Management Best Practices.
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal.