Our Network Administrator role
The Network Administrator provides end-user support and troubleshooting for personnel. This person is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the local area network hardware, as well as for Microsoft 365, e-mail, and firewall administration. This position works with the IT Director on the implementation of new technologies. They will play a role in coordinating upgrade initiatives, including assisting the IT Director with facilitating activities such as upgrading systems with the latest versions of software, the rollout of new hardware, and training.
You will report to the Director of IT.
As our Network Administrator, your responsibilities will include:
- Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Responds in a timely fashion to end users’ needs and concerns relating to computer business applications and general systems issues.
- Provides first-line support for all software and hardware.
- Setup users in Active Directory, Exchange, and Epicor.
- Manages technical resources working onsite, providing vendors with all the information needed to assist in supporting the end-users.
- Diagnoses and resolves technical problems, prevents problem escalation, and provides solution tracking.
- Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- Performs day-to-day maintenance of network servers (backups, administration, hardware maintenance).
- Maintains logs for software and firmware updates, service contracts, support contracts, and passwords.
- Monitor and update antivirus software, review and remove threats when detected.
- Trains, instructs, and educates groups and individuals in a team environment.
- Works with IT Director in designing technical systems and architecture.
- Handles multiple project responsibilities simultaneously to prioritize work and resolve technical emergencies as they may occur.
- Protects the organization by keeping information confidential.
- Performs additional tasks as assigned by Director.
Our ideal candidate has…
- 5-10 years of experience in IT
- Network Performance Tuning
- LAN Knowledge
- Network Design and Implementation
- Strategic Planning
- Technical Capacity
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Engaging Presentation Skills
- Project Management
- Ability to Collaborate with different areas
- Specific Systems experience in MS AD, MS O365, Barracuda NG Firewall and WebFilter, Dell PowerEdge Servers and Switches, VLAN, VMWare Host and Virtual Servers, Mitel / ShoreTel VOIP on-premises systems, Sophos EndPoint Security and Control, Trust Wave Security Services